Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Mid July Garden Updates


Some bug problems have crept up in the garden. We've had a LOT of rain this June.


Garden plot 22 overall view

Dill is flowering and attracting bees. Cilantro has seeded.

Huge squashes have been appearing so that's what we've been eating.

Here's another giant yellow squash... they are yummy sauteed with mushrooms and bell peppers.

Basil in the cement blocks with peppers and eggplants behind.

Calendula is loving it in the cement blocks

The brandywine tomatoes are growing.

The lighter green bush at center is celery. I don't think I'll plant as many celery next year. I'll let these stick around and turn to seeds next year. The cucumber (at back on trellis) is showing signs of withering. We got to eat one cucumber off it so far... Hoping it survives this... I couldn't see any bugs on it.

The squash plant really took over the center of my plot.

Minor leaf damage from bugs but overall the pepper plant is doing well.

Minor leaf damage from bugs but overall the eggplant plant is doing well.

Asparagus is still growing and hope to get some tasty spears out of it early spring next year.

Lettuce at bottom is going to make us a nice salad tonight

Buying a bigger tomato plant from the nursery was definitely a good deal this year. So we'd get tomatoes earlier in the season. I think this is an "early girl".

This pepper plant is showing minor rust on the leaves. This may be because it's sort of shaded and we've had tons of rain this June.

Cempasuchil (marigolds): Looking forward to using these to decorate for Halloween/Day of the Dead

Brandywine tomatoes are also showing some rusty leaves but I suspect it's because of all the rain

Dianthys is still loving it in the cement blocks... rosemary and thyme are surrounding them

No comments:

Post a Comment