Thursday, August 7, 2014

Eggplants are finally growing

Here are some pictures from the garden from the first week of August. Several of the plants have given up: Bonnie Plants NM Chile pepper, a Jalapeno pepper plant I grew from seed, a zucchini plant that had a losing battle with cucumber beetles, a tomato plant that was given to me and the two cucumber plants. I am hoping a tomato plant that gave me only one fruit will come back for a second round. I've been replenishing my garden with Compost Crew's Soil Conditioner and the plants seem to respond well to it. Radishes started growing from seeds I had placed earlier in the season immediately after I applied it. Also, the Neptune's Fish Emulsion results in flowers. The eggplants, tomatoes, jalapeno, anaheim and calendula seem to like it.

Garden

Eggplant (left) & Sweet Potatoes (right) with Coriander seeds (front)

Sweet potatoes & Eggplants

Anaheim Chile plant above with Marigold (lower left)

Carrots (left) with Jalapeno (top) and a dead New Mex Chile plant (center) =(

The NM chile plant didn't like it there apparently. The anaheim and jalapenio next to it had no problem.

Parsley with carrots around

Nasturtiums have proven a tasty addition to fresh salads and in omelets

Dill showing it's pretty small flowers with a new zucchini plant growing

Poblano peppers (left) and Dill (right)

Sage (lower left) with Bell Peppers (top) and Swiss Chard and Poblano peppers (right)

Brandywine tomato

Tall Poblano pepper plants

Poblano peppers

Poblano peppers

Anaheim peppers

Tiny Eggplants: we've already had some in a warm salad flavored with olive oil and basil

Lemon Gem Marigolds

Calendula flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment